• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

What is the minimum battery pack for Revolution RC?

Started by Geoff Nicholls, Jan 22 2017 17:54

« previous - next »

Geoff Nicholls

I'm building a Simplex petrol shunter, and would like to power it with a 4.8 volt four cell 2500mAh battery packet, as that takes up the least room. When connected directly to the MSC MT motor/gearbox on the rolling road the wheels turn quite quickly. But when I connect a Revo RC to the motor and the battery, the RC red light lights up, and the controller says "LinkOK", but the wheels don't turn, not even at 100%
Is this just too small a pack for the Revo?
When replaced with a 14.4 pack, it all works fine, but that does take up a lot of room.
Geoff.

keith Bristol

Geoff,

I think a 12 volt pack is the minimum but that voltage needs to be around 10 minimum to run before re charging.
K

AllWight

my Wickham has 6 AAA cells providing 7.2 volts at 0.9 amp rating and if this is powering a small motor also it is worth noting the receiver needs 5 volts to work so if you are below the threshold you may need more volts to allow the loco to move.

Mark