• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

GTG at the CPR

Started by cabbage, Mar 17 2021 09:29

« previous - next »

cabbage

On the 17th of April the Cabbage Patch Railway will open for its first Get To Gether of the 2021 running season. Would Guests like to make their reservation so I know jow many to cook for.

Apply here or by e-mail.

Regards

Ralph

cabbage

I have to go shopping soon. This is what I propose to feed guests:
Lunch, Sausage Sarnie & onions etc
Nibbles, Manor House cake, (locally grown sultanas + raisens). Bakewell tart, (locally grown almonds). Sweet Potato Brownies, (locally grown s/pots). Apple + Quince Crumble, (locally grown). Biscuits. Tea and Coffee (family sourced).

Could people please let me know of they are comming as I take my hospitality - religiously!

Regards

Ralph

cabbage

All seats at the table now taken! I hope all the guests havw a nice time.

Regards

Ralph

cabbage

Wnd of the day I think everything went well. One of the strangeat things was that in a garden of 110' x 45' the other nine people there made me feel positively claustrophobic!!!

As Ashley has stated elsewhere the ALD  class 25 model made its debut on the rails it is a good powerful performer although for obvious reasons I cannot comment on the sound but everyone else there said that the sound was very realistic. I received my -C- Janus kit from ALD whilst they were here. I have a desire to paint it as one of the ICI colour test vehicles but people might be slightly ill looking at it.

The best part of the day, (for me) was the fact that children could use the route setting control box with little or no instruction.

The next stage will be to install the hamlet, link up the Zero Volt sensing and then activate the "pump circuit" to the "think boxes".

Regards

Ralph