• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

On board brains

Started by cabbage, Jun 12 2018 20:13

« previous - next »

cabbage

Yes !!! Exactly like that one!!!

Regards

Ralph

cabbage

Ok, busy day for the credit card! I have ordered the Syren 25 and Kangaroo X2 daughter board from Dimension Engineering. They took my money and informed me it had shipped 1hour 45minutes later (!) I have ordered two arduino cards and two FTDI boards. This will give me one to play with (or blow up) and another to sit in the loco. I am informed by a friend in the USofA that the arduino uses C++... So, it is out with the vi and my pet version of Linux (Debian 9) to start tinkering code with.

I thought I had left all this behind when I walked out the door for the last time !!!

Regards

Ralph

cabbage

This is the Arduino board... This has twice the amount of memory that the PDP-11 that the university had that I learned to program on!!!

Regards

Ralph

IanT

At first glance, I thought this was an Arduino 'Nano' Ralph - but noticed there was no USB port.

So I looked more closely and found them on eBay as the Arduino 'Pro Mini' ...how many did you buy?  :-)

Regards,

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

cabbage

As I said Ian, I have bought two boards. The idea is to program them on breadboard and then plug the board into the loco. As I have not used the breadboard in years I have to wonder if my slab is still usable?

The X2 and the ESC are last reported at Prestwick, so I should have them soon.

Regards

Ralph

cabbage

The ESC and the X2 daughter board have arrived from the US. The Locosound steam board has been programmed and the Deltang receiver will get reprogrammed after the weekend.

Thebrediculous problem I have at the moment is finding a length of 68mm dia down pipe to make the boiler from!!!

Regards

Ralph

Peaky 556

Ralph,
I have a length of downpipe to which you are most welcome.  It measures around about 68.5 mm on average, and a tad oval as you would expect for thin walled plastic.
How much do you need, and I'll pass it over on Sat at Graham's GTG.
Regards, Tim

cabbage

Tim,
I require a length of 60cm please!

Regards

Ralph

Peaky 556

Sorry Ralph but it's only 41 cm long.  I have some slightly smaller stuff that's longer, I'll put a tape on it in the morning. ??

IanT

Gentlemen - - Should we change this thread title to "On board Drains" ??

:-)

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

cabbage

Tim
If 41cm is all you have I will take it!

Regards

Ralph