• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Rolling Road?

Started by John Candy, Aug 04 2009 21:10

« previous - next »

John Candy

Anyone have a plan/drawing for a rolling road in G3?
I am sure such an item (which is readily available in G1 and smaller scales) would be of great value to a 'beginner' who is building up a stock of locos but has no test track (especially a continuous circuit for running-in purposes).

I guess all you need is a frame with an adjustable wheelbase, a few roller bearings and some turned-to-gauge rollers.

Sounds like the sort of thing Ralph might sketch in a few minutes...(hint)!!

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

cabbage

As requested....

regards

ralph

MikeWilliams

I have seen Robin Saxton with a Gauge 3 rolling road, and believe he makes them.  Like many other manufacturers, he doesn't advertise in the Gauge 3 Society's Newsletter, but I suspect he would also be happy to supply bits for you to construct it yourself.

I do often ask myself why small manufacturers don't inform their potential customer base via the Society's Newsletter.  Its cheap, easy and direct to potential purchasers.  In fact it made me delay placing such an advert myself for a long time in case it was perceived as some sort of favourtism (being a maunfacturer and on the committee), but it is open to all and I really wish manufacturers and traders would let us all know what they make - it would help them and us.

Mike

Andy B

GRS do rolling road bits (usual disclaimer)
Catalogue codes MSM110 to MSM113

Andy

John Candy

Thanks Andy.
Have now found them in the GRS online catalogue and ordered them earlier this week.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.