• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Signal Box fittings.

Started by John Candy, Jan 16 2017 16:14

« previous - next »

John Candy

The scratch-built signal box for Monkton Priors (a large GWR hip-roof design with 24 lever-frame) is nearing completion and I have been making patterns and moulds for the internal fittings (including slope-topped desk for the "register", wall clock, stove, block / bell instruments, electric train token instrument, etc.).

Below are a couple of the more interesting items.... a GWR standard pattern combined stove/oven (as fitted in signal boxes and offices) and the Tyer's "No.9" electric token instrument (a 1912 GWR design/patent which Tyer's were granted a licence to produce).

These are cast in resin and I shall be producing a few "extra" examples to sell on behalf of the G3S Monkton Priors fund (the stove and Tyer's No.9 are 4.50GBP each painted as shown) plus postage where applicable.
The other smaller items (paint is drying so will photograph later) will be priced at between 2.00GBP and 3.50GBP each.
The kettle is not included!

If you are interested in these items, please let me know.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

John Candy

More items :-

"Fusee" clock and block instrument / bell.

The Clock face can be supplied with inscription for any railway (GWR 1934 design shown).

The clock is 2.50GBP and the pair of instruments 3GBP, supplied finished as shown(plus postage if applicable).

Proceeds will be applied to the Monkton Priors project.

John.

Special Offer : Clock + Stove + Tyer's No.9 + 2 pairs of block instruments (2 block instruments + 2 Bells) for 15GBP (+ postage).
The above set NOW INCLUDES telephone and "ringer" box (also available separately at 3.50 plus postage).
If you have already ordered the set, the phone will be included.

My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

John Candy

This shows a full set of interior fittings (as made for Monkton Priors) installed in a T&M models kit supplied by a Society member (not the Monkton Priors box).
The train register sits on the sloping desk!

John.

hornbeam

Out of interest how did you make the lever frame John?

John Candy

QuoteOut of interest how did you make the lever frame John?

Resin, resin and more resin!
The levers were cast separately and then fixed to the frame.

John.