• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Monkton Priors "spin-offs"

Started by John Candy, Jan 20 2017 19:46

« previous - next »

John Candy

Some of the detailing items which I have made for the Monkton Priors project are available to purchase (proceeds applied to the project) and more will become available over the coming weeks.

Below is the 6 ton weighbridge ( a resin casting) which is available for 7GBP plus postage.

Other items currently available are the signal box interior kit (see http://g3forum.org.uk/index.php/topic,1908.msg12097/topicseen.html#msg12097 )
and the corrugated iron lamp hut (see http://g3forum.org.uk/index.php/topic,1099.msg11658.html#msg11658 )

Add detail to your models and support the G3 Society layout at the same time!

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

John Candy

Signal box parts : The "missing link"!

Forgot to include the telephone (and "ringer" box) in last post (the paint was drying in the airing cupboard).

This item on its own will be 3.50GBP (plus postage) but will be added to the "Special offer" pack (15GBP see http://g3forum.org.uk/index.php/topic,1908.msg12084.html#msg12084 )

If you have already ordered the special signal box pack, the phone will be included.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

John Candy

Notice Boards : Can be supplied "lettered" for any company (and "BRITISH RAILWAYS" in "regional" colours).

Unlettered (but painted as shown) 2GBP for a packet of 4 or Painted/Lettered for any company 8GBP for a packet of 4 (to include appropriate period posters where available or a representation of a timetable) postage extra.

Railway companies rented boards on the premises of other companies, so it was quite usual to see LMS, GWR, LNER and Southern boards on the same wall!
The most unusual combination I have seen is a "Metropolitan Railway" board (yes, the London underground line) alongside a GWR board on Marlborough (High Level) GWR station in Wiltshire . Judging by the Edwardian dress and the early Milnes-Daimler 20HP GWR bus, the photo must date from around 1910 (since the MET serves Paddington and Marlborough is home to a public school, there is some logic in having the MET "Time Table of Sunday Trains" displayed).

The second photo below shows two "decorated" GWR boards flanking the forecourt entrance to Monkton Priors Station (the eagle-eyed will notice that I still haven't fitted the door knobs....I do have them and they will be fitted)!

John.

John Candy

..... on stations and signal boxes without a clock!

Time is very important in the running of a railway and if your line doesn't have clocks in all the right places, then it is missing a vital detail!

The Monkton Priors "spin-off" products include a  full range of fittings for signal boxes and a clock suitable for other locations as well.

The samples shown are GWR "art deco" design (with the 1934 "shirt button" logo) , an earlier GWR type and a Midland Railway example. The "art deco" is also slightly "yellowed" by smoke from the stove and nicotine from the signalman's pipe!

You can have any railway logo/name on your clocks ... so order some today!

At just 2.50GBP each (collected at Biggleswade .... all proceeds go to the Monkton Priors fund) can you afford not to equip your line?

John

cabbage

One "Midland" clock please.

regards

ralph

John Candy

Ralph,
Your signal box accessories kit includes a clock.....

a) do you need this one in addition?

b) and, if so, do you want them both to have "Midland" faces?

Thanks,
John.

Peaky 556

Quote from: John Candy on Jan 21 2017 21:22
Notice Boards : Can be supplied "lettered" for any company (and "BRITISH RAILWAYS" in "regional" colours).

Unlettered (but painted as shown) 2GBP for a packet of 4 or Painted/Lettered for any company 8GBP for a packet of 4 (to include appropriate period posters where available or a representation of a timetable) postage extra.

John.

What fun!  May I have a set with "ATR", or if not available then BRITISH RAILWAYS in Midland colours please John, for collection.  Thank you, Tim

John Candy

Tim,

"ATR" .... which company would that be?
If you let me know the colours and letter spacing, you can have any lettering you want!

Regards,
John.

May I please have 2 clocks? Both for Southern Railway. (Or SR or LSWR if lettering would be too small to show Southern Railway in full.)
Thanks.
Robert. 492.

cabbage

John,

Could I have both in MIDLAND style please?

regards

ralph

John Candy

Robert,
Clock face lettered S R Geo. Ellis & Co London and legible (Southern Railway in full was too small to be read).

Ralph,
Two Midland clocks ready for you.

Regards,
John.

Peaky 556

Quote from: John Candy on Feb 10 2017 17:46
Tim,

"ATR" .... which company would that be?
If you let me know the colours and letter spacing, you can have any lettering you want!

Regards,
John.

John, that's my company Apple Tree Rail Ltd. I trade as a transport consultant for dangerous goods! Midland colours will be just fine, and space it out as you feel best.  Thank you!  Tim

John Candy

Tim,

According to www.stationcolours.info Midland boards were black with white framing and lettering was white.
Is that what you want or something more colourful?

John.

Peaky 556

John, I'd prefer maroon than black actually. Thanks for your time, Tim

Thanks John. That's perfect.
Robert.492