• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Name

Started by Peter_R, Apr 10 2012 22:28

« previous - next »

Peter_R

I am Building a live steam modle of the LNER "Green Arrow" G3 scale
I am looking to find scale Nameplates "Green Arrow" embossed perfered, Number "4771" and the "LNER" decels.
Anyone have any suggestions where I might be able to purchase these items.
Thank you , Peter

midnight miller

Hello Peter

Try Garry Wells at 247 developments Huddersfeild .

John

AllWight

I use Guilplates based in Guildford, Surrey for all my 00 and G3 nameplates. I can highly recommend them and a swift service as well.

Mark

Peter_R

Thanks guys, but I'm in Canada. Would appreciate a little more info, like web page,  e-mail address etc. ;)

Peter_R

I found the website for 247 Developements and sent off an e-mail to the..(Too bad I moved from Leeds:) )
And I found a Phone number for Gilford so thank you both.

bolingbroke

My V2 name plates, makers plates, etc came from Diane Carney -www.loco-nameplates.com. I think Guilplates supply them painted, Diane does not. Not such a problem with a straightforward name - my plates
for the Snapper had the regimental badge and coloured background.
Roger.

keith Bristol

I used Diane Carney/... Good service

blagdon

For what it's worth, I too use Diane Carney's service; you should see the fantastic Sentinel builders plates she's done for me, with a watchmakers eyeglass you can even read the construction number!

Ian the Gauge '3' Pirate

John Candy

Yes, I agree, Diane Carney's work cannot be bettered.
Every letter and number on my tiny LNER Stratford Works plates can be clearly read with a magnifying glass.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

bolingbroke

At the risk of over-egging this thread, my last post was incomplete. The plates supplied by Diane for my V2 were  unfortunately subject to some quality issues. However, Diane resolved these very quickly, supplied new plates to the high standard for which she is well know. Problems occur, it is how well they are dealt with that matters. I would unhesitatingly use her products again.

Roger.

Peter_R

~~~~
  []                /^^^|
("GREEN ARROW" (|....Gentlemen. Thank you for your help, I have been in touch with all of your suggestions and I'm "on the move". Soon I shall have my trim accessories. [L N E R]
    o      OOO     o                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          oo  oo
Great site, keep up the good work John.. "Oil be BaaaarcK"

andrewfoster

Been away and just saw this thread... I'm in Canada too, but couldn't find anyone here to make etched builder's plates. I've had good experience with PPD (http://www.ppdltd.com/) in Lochgilphead, Argyll. They are quick if you can provide the artwork, and the prices seem very reasonable to me.

Andrew

Peter_R

Thanks Andrew, I'm good for now.  8)