• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Strike up the Band!

Started by John Candy, May 19 2023 20:33

« previous - next »

John Candy

bandstand.png

Strike up the Band!

Just a little diversion from my usual OpenSCAD efforts ... the Bandstand.

I haven't yet worked out how long the five individual files will take to print..... a long time, I suspect (certainly longer than it took to write the OpenSCAD files)
I now have a second printer (Ender3 V2 Neo) to handle smaller jobs (such as this bandstand), the Snapmaker being reserved for bigger jobs (e.g. carriage parts).

I still haven't tried the resin printer (Elegoo Mars2 Pro) which has been sitting in the corner for two years but its time will come.

John

P.S. The bandstand and several other new scenic items will soon be available from Thatchworks ( www.thatchworks.co.uk ).
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

John Candy

DSCN5416.pngband poster.png 

All it needs now is the band and a sound card!
I am not aware of anyone offering brass band figures in g-scale or 16mm.
It is entirely 3D printed apart from the boarded floor, which I laser cut from 3mm plywood.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Doddy

A six-piece Brass band is available in O OO and N, why not contact Modelu and ask if they can print them in G scale?

https://www.keymodelworld.com/article/modelu-brass-band-figures
"You don't know what you don't know"

John Candy

Hadn't thought of Modelu for ready-made items .... have always associated them with personalised scanning.

They do offer a band in both G-scale and 16mm scale.
They are (not unexpectedly) unpainted and that would be a challenge .... locos/rolling stock / buildings I am fine with but to (convincingly) paint figures is a whole different ball game.
Will have to think about it and consult my scenic adviser.

Brass Band Figure Pack.png