• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

WANTED: LNER B17 'Long Tender' Drawings (2 1/2" or larger)

Started by Doddy, Mar 14 2024 10:50

« previous - next »

Doddy

WANTED: LNER B17 'Long Tender' Drawings (2 1/2" or larger)

This is for a model of the March MPD snowplough.
If anybody knows of a source of drawings it would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
"You don't know what you don't know"

John Candy

The larger tender fitted was the LNER Group Standard 4200 gallon tender and there will be a drawing in the Isinglass collection. Although they do not list drawings up to G3/2.5 ins  in the catalogue, they have, in the past, produced drawings in our scale by request. I have a number of GCR and GNR drawings produced by them.
Regards,
John.

P.S. Have tracked down my copy of catalogue and drawing is listed as "GROUP 304-B Gresley 4200 Gallon Group standard tender".
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Doddy

Thank you John,

Steam engines is a rather new topic for me, at £85 Blackgates drawings are a bit too...

I'll order the Isingglass drawings as a starter.

Robert

AshleyW

you could also buy the etches and all the parts for a group std tender off richard toplis, as he's made plenty of J39'S

John Candy

J39s were fitted with two sizes of Group Standard tenders : 3500 gallon tenders (J39/1) or 4200 gallon (J39/2).

Not sure without checking which is fitted to RT's models.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Doddy

Ashley, John,

I am pleased to have just had a conversation in which Richard confirmed that he can supply the 4200 tender etches for this project.

Apart from the addition of an extra set of buffers, the snowplough blade and the removal of the beaded flares of the tender, Doncaster Works appears to have left most of the tender in its original condition. Including the water pickup, dome and toolboxes.