• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Cast iron wheels from the N2.5GA

Started by MikeWilliams, May 27 2013 18:09

« previous - next »

MikeWilliams

The website of the National 2 1/2in Gauge Association has been completely updated in the last year or two and the comprehensive list of wheel castings has been replaced by a short list of the common ones used for LBSC designs.  Concerned, I rang Alan Gibbs the Castings Officer and was reassured that the entire range is still available to order and should continue to be so.  This includes the Alan Headech range which is particularly useful to Gauge 3 modellers of older engines.

Mike

MikeWilliams

Four years since I posted the note above, I again needed some wheels this week - 54 tender wheels for Venture.  The Alan Headech range is not on the N2.5GA website but are excellent patterns which may well suit Gauge 3 modellers at a fraction of the admittedly superb ones from Mark Wood at much higher cost.  I checked, they are all still available and their casting officer is dead keen to continue them.  If anyone wants a list drop me a note and I'll send you one.  Gauge 3 Society members are generously offered a discount by the Association.

Mike
(no commercial interest in the N2.5GA at all - just like to publicise a source of good wheels)

John Baguley

Hi Mike,

I'll see if I can add a list of the Headech wheels to the castings page.

John
Member of North West Leicestershire SME
Secretary National 2½" Gauge Association

John Baguley

Member of North West Leicestershire SME
Secretary National 2½" Gauge Association

IanT

Very useful info - thank you John.

Regards,

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

MikeWilliams

Thank you very much John.  Different to my old list - yours has more on it!

Mike