• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

LBSCR (or anyone's) Brake Van Lamps

Started by Jon Nazareth, Dec 06 2017 18:53

« previous - next »

Jon Nazareth

Does anyone know od a supplier of Brake Van Lamps?  I bought a couple of loco lamps in 3 1/2" Gauge and the name on the packet is John C Tipton but I can't find any trace of him on Google.  They are nice lamps but I can't remember where I bought them  >:(

Jon

Traininvain

try Blackgates Engineering on 01924 466000

Jon Nazareth

I have tried Blackgates and they have said that John Tipton doesn't make a side lamp/guards lamp.  I also posted a query on the LBSCR forum but there have been no replies from that quarter either.

Jon

John Candy

Perhaps you can persuade Modelu to produce in G3?
They do an LMS example in 7mm scale and I believe other members of this forum have had GWR loco parts made in G3 and even scans of themselves to produce miniature figures!
How much it would cost is another matter.

https://www.modelu3d.co.uk/tag/side-lamp/

Regards,
Jon.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Jon Nazareth

John
I have sent Modelu an enquiry, I'll let you know his reply.

Jon

keith Bristol

Jon Nazareth

Keith
I've just had an email back from Alan of Modelu and he said that he hasn't any at the moment but will be adding some larger sizes in 2018.  He does some in G1 which I think, at a pinch, would do.

Jon

Traininvain

Blackgates must have had a heavy night - they do sell them - 3.5in, 5in and 7.25in loco headlamps made by J.C.T. Fittings i.e. John C Tipton

the 3.5in ones (near spot on for G3) are available for GWR and BR

you can contact John directly on 0121 430 7778

Jon Nazareth

Yes, they do sell LOCO lamps but, I'm looking for LBSCR or SR brake van side lamps, the ones with front and back lenses.  I have some of the BR loco lamps and you are right, they are excellent for G3.

Jon