• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

A "Long Shot"!

Started by John Candy, Feb 09 2021 20:28

« previous - next »

John Candy

I have four of the GRS Gresley compartment stock kits awaiting attention. Three are the bog standard 8-compartment All Thirds but the fourth contains the parts for what is supposed to be a 4-compartment Brake Third.
Problem is, the supplied modules cannot build into an authentic model of any diagram.

The options appear to be either a 5 or 6-compartment brake (for which the supplied van modules can be adapted to fit), alternatively, a 4-compartment brake but requiring additional van modules (all 4-comp versions had two pairs of luggage doors each side but only pair-per-side is supplied with the kit.

So (a long shot), does anyone have any spare modules lying around, either van door modules or spare 3rd class passenger compartments?

An enquiry of GRS last year drew a blank; they have no left-over parts and are not expecting to order more kits.

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

John Candy

UPDATE:

Many thanks to Chris_P, who generously has come to the rescue by donating some spare passenger compartment modules, enabling a 5-comp brake 3rd to be built.

I will now be able to produce an authentic pair of articulated twins (3rd + 3rd and 3rd + Brake 3rd).

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.