• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

LSWR Carriages Vol 1 by George Weddell published by Wild Swan

Started by Jon Nazareth, Mar 12 2023 10:06

« previous - next »

Jon Nazareth

Does anyone have a copy of this book that they no longer want and would be willing to sell to me?  I've looked through the internet and could find nothing for sale except one for £50.00 which is too much for me.  I'm interested in the early carriages up to about the 1860s.  I've looked for drawings on the HMRS website but nothing there.

Jon

Sleeper Agent

Afraid I don't but to weigh in had to be patient for a few months with my copy acquired about a year back. Came to something like £35-40 with postage but can say it's the best standard gauge book I own for the stage coach type design era so think £50 isn't completely unreasonable. Would be ideal if a second print was made mind! 

Jon Nazareth

Sleeper Agent

thank you for the reply and I'll continue to keep my eyes open.

Jon

Sleeper Agent

No worries Jon. There was someone trying to sell a copy at the previous AGM if I recall correctly, might just be there again this year if you've not found another by then and you're attending.
A different railway may not suit what you have in planned but 'LB&SCR Carriages: Volume 1' is worth flicking through if you get a chance at an expo or somewhere else to see if there's anything in the first few chapters that overlaps.

https://www.5and9models.co.uk/coaches.html
https://www.crecy.co.uk/lb-scr-carriages-volume-1

Steve

Jon Nazareth

Sleeper Agent
I have Vol 1 and Vol 2 of the LBSCR books.  To tell the truth, I've not seen any early LSWR carriages but I'm keen to see what there is in the book.

By the way, I'll not be attending the meeting this year.

Jon

Nick

Jon Nazareth

Nick,
I see that you sent it at 9.37 but, I haven't received it as yet.  Not sure where it should appear on this website but not received on my normal email address.

Jon

Jon Nazareth