• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Ain't life getting complicated!

Started by John Candy, Dec 06 2017 22:27

« previous - next »

John Candy

Until recently i had been using Planet T5 and Radiolink 4TEU radio control but both have now been discontinued.
The low cost 4-channel replacements are in the main "flashy" looking Flysky, Saturn and similar units which are decorated like something from a funfair display.

The plain and functional looking Radiolink T8FB looked more appealing even though I have no use for 8 channels but at 44.99GBP from Howes of Oxford looks good value (so I bought three).

The instruction manual is quite long and waffles on about simultaneous S-Bus, PPM and PWM transmissions and calibration using USB cable to a laptop with configuration software (even the default battery voltage low signal has to be set).

I am hoping that it will work in default mode out of the box but it does say default input voltage is 11.1Volts but the battery compartment accepts 4 x AA cells (i.e. max. 4.8V, so I am not convinced it will!

Anyone else tried one of these?

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.