• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

The Singularity...

Started by cabbage, Mar 07 2023 19:38

« previous - next »

cabbage

No, not the Black hole, but rather the original meaning of it.

The point at which things change.

I am reaching the end of my ability to make models with my eyes and fingers. However my mind is still bright and my mental vision allows me to become my own manufacturing company.

Ok I have a lousy customer base and the order book dire. Techniques and methodology that was once mainstream commercial - is now domestic...

"And Atlas Shrugged".

Regards

Ralph

John Candy

Ralph,
I am sure everyone here will be sad to read the news that you have been forced to cease modelling.
I thank you for your considerable contribution to this forum  (and the late G3Wiki) over many years and hope it will be possible for you to continue sharing your thoughts.
I have a suggestion on the manufacturing front.
Expressions of interest in my Gresley coaches suggest you could find those without 3D print experience willing to pay for prints.
I have already had a firm request for prints which I am unable to fulfill (my personal print queue already stretches into thousands of hours)!
If you are interested, I will put you into contact with the party wanting Gresley coaches.
Regards,
John.

My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.