• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

G3 Made Simple .... The 2012 Prize Competition.

Started by John Candy, Dec 08 2011 19:48

« previous - next »

John Candy

I am pleased to say that, after some delay (during which I have sought the opinion of other G3 modellers on the proposed entry rules), the "G3 Made Simple" Competition is now ready to proceed.

The revised rules and conditions (together wilth details of the prizes) can be found at www.G3MadeSimple.org.uk/competition/

The online entry registration process can be accessed via the URL quoted above.

As a reminder as to what this competition is all about, the objective is to produce the design for an easily constructed G3 (electrically powered) locomotive for no more than 200GBP.

The competition rules do not require entrants to actually construct the locomotive (although an actual model would provide evidence of the practicality of the design) but to produce templates and full construction notes to enable a "beginner" to produce a model to the design.

The closing date for entries is 30th April 2012 and a panel of three Judges will assess the entries and award the prizes (the prize winners will be announced during June 2012).

Please "spread the word" of this competition to anyone without internet access who may be interested in participating.

For those without internet access, postal applications can be made by sending a stamped self-addressed envelope to:-

G3 Made Simple Competition, c/o The Gauge 3 Society, PO Box 4454, Gerrards Cross, SL9 1DF.

Competition Organised and Sponsored by John Candy
and www.G3MadeSimple.org.uk
in consultation with The Gauge 3 Society
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.