• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

English bond brickwork for a platform front

Started by Geoff Nicholls, Oct 06 2014 17:10

« previous - next »

Geoff Nicholls

I'm about to produce artwork for the English bond platform front on my (indoor) layout. I'm proposing to have this engraved in 1mm MDF. it's 2.1 metres long.
But first I thought I'd check no one has come across anything suitable, since the discussions already posted here.
Geoff.

IanT

Hi Geoff,

A while ago there was mention (somewhere here?) of a kind of plastic 'webbing' that you laid over the surface you wanted to 'brick' and that you then spread a kind of plaster over. Once semi-set, the web was lifted off (it is re-usable) and you are left with your bricks (and pointing). I thought it was a pretty neat idea but I cannot find the reference to it now. I think it was available in 1/24th scale which should be Ok in this context I would think.

Anyone else got a better memory than me?

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.