• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Cliff Barker Brass Track and Points

Started by classicdelights, Nov 10 2018 12:58

« previous - next »

classicdelights

I have reluctantly decided that I will not build a layout in Pembrokeshire where I now live so am offering a large lot of Cliff Barker track and points at a considerable saving.  Any one planning to start on a large layout will have pretty much all they need in this lot.  I specifically wanted brass rail as I had quite a few problems with stainless steel rail in my Gauge 1 days, especially locos slipping which I find you do not get so much with brass rail.

The following is in the lot offered:

7   Q75 G3 6000mm Radius Point LH in Brass (made to order)
5   Q76 G3 6000mm Radius Point RH in Brass (made to order)
1   Q77 G3 6000mm Radius Point Y in Brass (made to order)
1   Q80 G3 Diamond Crossing (Special) in Brass (made to order)
240   T30 G3 1 Yard Ready Made Track, Brown Polypropylene, Brass Rail
        (78 yards is gauge widened – 162 yards is standard track)
9   T81 G3 Ready Made Buffer Stop Brass
5   F85 G3 Fishplates for c250 rail, ASA Plastic x 100
8   E11 G1 Super Elevation Wedge, ABS x 100
        also about 150 spare sleepers – just in case

The total came to over £6000.  All this is offered as new for £4500 including pallet delivery within mainland UK.  Some of the track was laid and then removed and repacked but none of it has been used for running so everything is in as-new condition.

Please email me for photos of the layout I started to build before moving, these show the configuration of the points and crossing.

Regards

Phil Flint

Peaky 556

Phil,
Sorry to hear your Railway won't come to fruition but hope it won't stop you modelling.
If you haven't already, other good places to advertise G3 track would be the two Facebook pages for Gauge 3 Railways and Gauge 3 Society, not forgetting our G3S website.
Good luck, Tim

midnight miller

Hello Phil

Sorry that you are not going on with your layout . Reading your add , it's rather a large bundle . You may have more success splitting it in to 1/2 or 3rd's
All the best

john

classicdelights

Good Morning All

Clearly there are not going to be many members ready to spend £4500 on a large lot of track so I have decided to sell the track in lots.  What is offered now is 20 yard bundles of track at 70 to 75% of new cost.  This is all as new.  As an example:

20 yards of T30 brass track is now £220

20 yards of T37 gauge widened track is now £250

A pair of left or right points (6 metre radius) is now £220 - these make a crossover at 7" centre to centre)

The 10 degree diamond crossing is now £120

A buffer stop is now £30

I will gladly pack the lots carefully and ship by courier at cost.

This is all at a good saving on new price.

Please contact me on 01437 890632 or by email at: flints234@btinternet.com

Thank you

Phil Flint