• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

GRS kit experiences

Started by hornbeam, Jan 19 2013 11:56

« previous - next »

blagdon

Jon, the wagon is a modified 'Brandbright' LNER 6-plank open kit, fitted with working end door and scratch-built underframe; the running gear is mainly from William's Models. More pics hopefully attached.

Ian the Gauge '3' Pirate

blagdon

Another construction photo;

Ian

blagdon

Finally here is the finished wagon; the livery details are taken directly from a photograph of a whole rake of these vehicles leaving Camerton behind a GWR Pannier tank in the late 1930's. The picture was in the 'Great Western Journal' several years ago. (Beware Mark, this magazine is unsuitable for those of a Southern disposition!).

Ian the Gauge '3' Pirate

AllWight

Southern is the only railway for me. After all GWR stands for Gresley Was Right.

Mark

Mark, GWR not quite right, it means : "Gresley Was Regal"

Dave

MikeWilliams

Of course he was Dave.  He learned his trade as a Premier Apprentice under F.W.Webb at Crewe on the LNWR.  At least common sense prevailed in the end, and all products of both Swindon and Doncaster were painted in LNWR lined black.

Mike

Traininvain

Who're you trying to fool Blagdon, that piccie is of a real wagon!

Did you hand paint it? I feel a newsletter article coming on ...

Ian

midnight miller

Hello All

What an absolutely stunning bit of building , Would love to see more in the mag . A good P.O. wagon relay works in Gauge 3 .

John

blagdon

Ian the 'Ed', I wrote an article describing this wagon's construction which was published in  Newsletter No 72 (March 2008). An update following its lettering by John Dopson then went into Newsletter No 80 (March 2010 - back page for photo).

Mark, Dave and Mike, I thought 'GWR' stood for 'Gone Wrong & Rusty!', maybe why I no longer work in the Relics Museum at Didcot!

Ian the Gauge '3' Pirate

Traininvain

Blimey, just show how much attention I pay

Ian

hornbeam

Dare I ask what BR stands for?!