• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Class 25 Kit Prices Announced

Started by Peaky 556, Apr 21 2021 23:02

« previous - next »

Peaky 556

Further to the debut on Saturday at Ralph's CPR, subsequent comments on the MMS platform and detailed measurements by ALD Models, it is confirmed that the loco is of correct dimensions in length but too high, resulting from a drafting error by a 3rd party!  The brass sides are being corrected as I write, and the .STL files for the cab will be modified by Alistair to match.  ALD have now set the kit prices, with some dependency on the number ordered for the first batch, as follows:
5-9 kits at £1100
10+ kits at £1050
Each kit will include all components to build the model as pictured, including grilles, cab furnishing/glazing and axle-hung motor-gearboxes on each axle, but excludes radio control/battery/sound-lighting gear, paint/transfers, and solder/adhesives.  For those that don't know, the powered bogies will be supplied as kits from me at Apple Tree Railway, being a collaborative venture between ALD and ATR.

Independent observers at the debut were Richard Toplis, Andy Boothman, Ashley Wattam and of course Ralph Brades.

All expressions of interest should be directed to Alistair Lofthouse at ALD Models, and I shall try and give updates on the number of firm orders placed.
His contact details are alistair@aldprint.co.uk and phone (working hours) 0114 267 9402, website https://aldmodels.co.uk/blog/f/gauge-3-class-25-first-test-run?blogcategory=Gauge+3

fire power ministries

--

cabbage

I had the first YEC Janus from ALD on Saturday. I can only say that the kit I got is superb and is going to be laughably simple to build. On the Sunday afternoon I opened the box and found that the only thing I needed to do was extract the beake assembly from the support sheet with an Xacto. The nearest thing to "work" was to ream out the connecting holes in the printed parts to 3mm to take the frame connection bolts. It took longer to find the reamer and fit it to the Tee bar than it did to ream the holes...

My kit is superb and I am going to enjoy building it.

I am told by my apprentice that the sound was very good. It had plenty of poke for traction and could accelerate well around my track.

I hope ALD sells a lot of them.

Regards

Ralph

keith Bristol

cabbage

Ashley has asked me to write a build up article about the Janus for the Newsletter. If you would like to collaborate on this - then it would be more than fitting(!)

I have a "shopping list" of parts from suppliers if you would like to see it, I am also sending it to ALD. The only problem you might have is with my choice of motor/gearbox which is a Bühler.  But I am sure that MFA Como Drills will stock something similar.

Regards

Ralph