• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Another optimist?

Started by John Candy, Jul 28 2019 07:32

« previous - next »

John Candy

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-5-Inch-Live-Steam-W-H-Jubb-Locomotive-1919-Train-Ride-On-4-4-2/254303901854?hash=item3b35b1989e:g:etEAAOSws3ldMxHb

Vendor found it in a skip....so you can imagine the condition without even looking!
Asking 800GBP .... looks like a LNWR Precursor tank to me.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Spitfire2865

Id think twice about spending 50 on that. And of course they arent talking offers.
Why do these people keep putting rediculous prices on garbage?
-Trevor Young

cabbage

Well at least he was honest about it!!! I will now study skips with interest looking for a bargain. In the meantime I would like to offer for sale this nice gold brick and the ownership of a bridge over the East River in New York city...

Regards

Ralph

MikeWilliams

I am no expert on vintage models, but if it is by the firm he claims and if it is reasonably complete as the pictures suggest, then I don't think that figure is ridiculous.  It is high - probably too high, but not ridiculous for what MAY be a very rare historical model.

.... but its not for me!

Mike

IanT

Needs some work Mike....

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

AshleyW

not a jubb either according to our most respected member and vintage g3 demonstrator.

John Candy

Sorry, to me (Jubb or no Jubb), it is just a rusty lump of metal and not worth a "tenner"!

To have it restored to good cosmetic condition would cost several hundreds of Pounds, while getting it into working order would cost a small fortune ..... how much is a custom-made boiler these days?

John.

P.S. I see the listing has 25 "watchers" ...... probably all watching to see whether anyone is stupid enough to pay 800GBP!
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.