• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Smoke Units for Battery/Electric loco exhausts.

Started by 454, Jan 23 2014 20:28

« previous - next »

Hi guys,
As an individual I have never been a smoker so do not live in the dark world of the nicotine addict, however, just seen a programme on Telly this evening about E-cigarettes. There seems to be an upsurge in vendors of such devices & I could not help wondering if a suitable E-cig device could be adapted to make a wonderful belching out smoke unit, being water vapour & not smoke-like in traditional "oily" smoke units.

Sadly mention was made of a form of pneumonia that was caused by oil on the lungs. Resulting in death. Does this mean that traditional smoke oil is not very healthy? No proof of the damaging nature of inhalation was evident in the programme only anecdotal experience of a long term smoker of real ciggies having died of the dreaded oily quasi-pneumomia affliction.

This idea of mine might be trash, but it may be adapted to generate some really nice "smoke".
Any thoughts from you E-ciggie smokers out there?

Cheers
Dave

Now that seems the "safe" alternative to smoke oil or anything else for that matter, although at 80 x 80 x 80 mm could be a tight squeeze. This is an idea worth pursuing.

:)

Dave

AllWight

Put some fairy liquid in there and we can sing " im forever blowing bubbles"   ;D

blagdon

So Mark, when is 'Thomas' going to get one?

The Gauge '3' Pirate

keith Bristol