• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Tunnel Portal Dimensions.

Started by John Candy, Jul 29 2014 11:40

« previous - next »

Guinness 040

Thanks John

I will be uploading a couple pics tomorrow evening along with tunnel minimum figures for yourself and other

members perusal .

Regards

Peter.............
Its better to say there you are than where are you

Guinness 040

Hi Everybody
Heres the pics I mentioned of the twin bore tunnel im constructing and its now in the final stages of preparation
ready for moulding as you can see its a base finish ready for the required brick or stone work which is available online but im still debating how I should finish the moulding .

The minimum requiremets for railway bridge / tunnel design measurements are a required minimum of height of 15'-2 1/4" but some can be as low as 15' as in the diagrams elsewhere but there is no maximum. The minimum span for a twin bore is 25'-8" and 26'-6" of which the latter was with GWR some tunnel heights are 19'-8" Parapets above the tunnels have to be 4'-8" or above. hope this helps you guys.

Guinness 040

pics enclosed sorry guys

Peter C.