• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Stirling 8ft Single

Started by Jon Nazareth, Sep 19 2014 16:17

« previous - next »

Jon Nazareth

Yeah, Ian, that's the one!!

Regards
Jon

MikeWilliams

I sincerely hope that's called "bake ON" rather than "bake off".  No good it the paint peels.

Jon - I think you are right and 1.5mm will be more than adequate.

Mike

John Baguley

The frame GA drawing in the SS booklet is a bit confusing in that it says that the frames are 2.5mm thick but the dimension on the drawing shows them to be 0.0625" (1.6mm) thick! I put 1.6mm on Jon's CAD drawing for Sciss but they only do 1.5mm, not 1.6mm.

For anyone who's got the GA drawing of the full size loco from the Association and want to take measurements off the drawing, note that the horizontal dimensions are slightly small and need to be multiplied by 102% to give the correct dimensions for 2.5"/G3. The vertical dimensions are correct. That's the problem with enlarging a print. Sometimes you need to use different scales for horizontal and vertical.

I've altered the Association 'master' copy so further prints should be correct.

John
Member of North West Leicestershire SME
Secretary National 2½" Gauge Association

Jon Nazareth

If anyone is interested in acquiring a set of frames from SCISS Ltd, their telephone number is 01580 890582 and ask for Sam Gorsuch.

I ordered mine today and I did ask for 1.5mm steel.

Regards
Jon

Alan_H

Ian,

Do you have any contact details for Chris Barron, or the Locomotive Design Company? I've searched the web without success, other than I think he hails from the Doncaster area.

Best regards

Alan

IanT

I'll PM you with his details Alan

Regards,

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.