• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Coach kits

Started by Normanw, Aug 20 2009 13:23

« previous - next »

Normanw

I have the capacity to produce a range of coach kits in G3. We already custom build coaches in another scale for several years and have all the details required to offer laser cut sheets either flat or preformed and most of the other components required.
I would be very interested to know what interest there would be from the members.
Norman 

Andy B

Norman,

I'm sure there will be some interest - the common problem in gauge 3 is often getting sufficient interest / investment in the same model to justify a production run.
So it would be helpful if you can identify what you have already done in what scale (you don't say whether your 'other scale ' is larger or smaller than G3), and possibly give an indicative price for a G3 equivalent.
As a starter, my interest is Midland Railway, with no particular preference (at present) for which period of coach.

I'm sure others will be along with interests in GE, LNW, etc.

Norman,
It is interesting to hear that you have capacity to do laser cut preformed coach sides etc, this would encourage me to have a go at making a rake of bogie coaches if the coach parts to my taste were available. The coach types I would really like to see are the approx 52 footers and very high on my wish list they are LNER Thompson non-corridor stock. You might know the type with an oval lavatory window. ref Nick Campling Historic Carriage Drawings Vol 1 Pages 74 to 79.  These side panels plain as they are should be a doddle to knock out. :) What are my chances Norman?

cabbage

Although I make most of my stuff myself -I think that it might be interesting to see what you supply to other gauges. Possibly a URL to your web page might not come amiss?

regards

ralph

Normanw

On our web site you will see the range we could possibly supply in a kit form. We are very busy custom building in G1 we would not be able to build but might be able to produce kits in G3 if there was any interest.
Please see our web site at www.wrightwayrollingstock.com
Alan

Norman,
Don't really need a full kit just G3 preformed laser cut body panels. Is this still within scope since just been to website and you are just G1.

Are you able to laser cut and preform G3 designs to order ?
Is it subject to minimum quantities to make it economic?
What kind of lead time could one expect?

regards
Dave 454

Normanw

Dave,
Please contact us through our website with your needs and we will look at what we can do for you. We will need to know where you are and what you require.
We thought that we could offer this service to those in the G3 group as we do understand that there are not too many options for the group and as we have already done the ground work we could help out.
Alan