Author Topic: Spur II V200 in Brass Etch  (Read 2258 times)

Doddy

Spur II V200 in Brass Etch
« on: February 05, 2015, 01:17:58 am »
I am looking for information on the supplier of these German made brass etched V200 locomotives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHzE8L609Sw

These are Spur II (64mm 1/22.5 scale)

Many thanks in advance.

Offline IanT

Re: Spur II V200 in Brass Etch
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 08:30:21 am »
I've had dealings with members of Spur II in the past and found them to be very helpful.

In my case, I used their website to identify people who had photographed items I was interested in (or wanted permission to publish their photos) and emailed them. I sent my email in English but always pasted a translation (from Google translate) immediately underneath as a courtesy.

Some of the Spur II guys have very good English and some just replied in German (again 'Translate' is a boon) but all were very willing to help out where they could. You could also post a question on the YouTube link itself (again using Translate) but the SII website may be a better place to start in my view.

Regards,

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

Doddy

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 10:59:25 am »
Thanks Ian,

I did that, got the tee shirt now.

Appears that the loco was one of only ten made, the Kopf form or cab was milled on a five axis milling machine.

Offline Gavin_B

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 04:58:41 pm »
Impressive, loved the outsize loader in the back ground it looked to be 2m long

Offline Terry

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 09:42:45 pm »
Hi
    I've often thought of buying a LGB V200 and then building a Warship Class 41,43, body to fit directly on to it.       I've always been put of by trying to create the curves of the cab, which are a bit beyond my skills. The straight lines of my Class 58 project are enough for me.
A Second hand, LGB V200 is now about £380, a great starting place for a running chassis. I 've always found the LGB motors to be first class. Their conversion to G3 is I believe well documented.

If this thread on Spur II, leads to a Warship body from an enterprising member or group of the G3 or G scale Society members. I'd certainly be in the market to buy the body kit. Just let me know in good time so there isn't a run on V200's before I snap one up.
Any interest out there, I'd really like to recreate the loco, I used to see pulling in and out of Temple Meads, heading out for the West Country.

Doddy

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 09:41:56 pm »
If this thread on Spur II, leads to a Warship body from an enterprising member or group of the G3 or G scale Society members. I'd certainly be in the market to buy the body kit. Just let me know in good time so there isn't a run on V200's before I snap one up.

Any interest out there? as I'd really like to recreate the loco I used to see pulling in and out of Temple Meads, heading out for the West Country.

So would I! :P I have to build the Western first though!

My end of the track was Paddington and I have D1052 Western Viceroy in mind!  8)