• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

James the Red Engine

Started by AllWight, Mar 17 2015 15:41

« previous - next »

AllWight

Hello all

To all those who thought I was a bit mad I have now confirmed this insanity by purchaing a James The Red Engine to go with the Thomas. It was at a great price never to be repeated or disclosed here on a public forum. But suffice to say it was a steal.

I will be regauging it and fitting the RC gear into the hollow space of the tender.

The Isle of Wight has now become Island of Sodall, ooops Sodor and Blackgang has been renamed Ffarrquhar and be careful how you pronounce that name!!   ;D

Mark

John Candy

Watch out  Mark....the "men-in-white-coats" will be coming for you!!!

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

blagdon

Mark, Mrs Pirate says does that make the person who owns the layout 'The Fat Controller'?

P.S. The Pirate now has an appropriate hat as well as Captain's frock coat!

Ian the gauge '3' Pirate

AllWight

Hello John

The only difference between me and a mad man is that im not mad ;D

Ian

I am not the Fat Controller, i am the Festively Plump Controller.......festively plump all year round!!

Mark

John Candy

QuoteThe only difference between me and a mad man is that im not mad ;D
..... oh, they all say that!!

"They're Coming to Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!"......you may be too young to remember that one!

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

AllWight

Of course i am too young John. Im a child of the 1980s although i do remeber my grandparents telling me about it.....

;D

blagdon

Mark,

try this URL link https://youtu.be/3Fn36l_z3WY .

Also, the GWS have 'Gordon the Blue Engine' at Didcot.

Ian t5he Gauge '3' Pirate

AshleyW

i have managed to convert a percy too, needed the cylinders moving out and the running plate cutting away as well as the foot steps, r.c has been fitted. he's since been heavily weathered but don't have pictures yet.

AllWight

I have not even started on James yet been too busy with other things getting in the way such as life and car services/MOT.

Not sure James will be done this year or i may sell it to fund something more easily attainable

Mark