Author Topic: Scale ruler  (Read 1538 times)

Offline webbo546

• G3 Society Member
  • Group A Forum Member
Scale ruler
« on: July 22, 2015, 05:42:09 PM »
As a new member and wanting to get into scratchbuilding some wagons I need a scale ruler (none in the society shop :'(), if any member has a spare one they could sell me I would be grateful :).
Alan
Soooooo much to do, where does the time go?

Offline MikeWilliams

• G3 Forum Moderator
Re: Scale ruler
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 10:12:12 AM »
Can't help you Alan, sorry.

But, I originally designed and drew the rule, getting it etched for the Society.  I handed the the CAD filed a few months back and know they had some problems reading them, but you may want to ask when the new batch (with a couple of corrections!) is due in.

Incidentally, I read the Chairman's report that we need to reduce costs, but is increasing sales a way to improve cash flow.  Anybody care to comment?

Mike

Offline IanT

• Workshop Practice Adviser
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 10:26:20 AM »
I have one of your first batch Mike - you remember - the slightly imperfect ones...??

I'm hanging on to it though - I figure it will worth quite a bit one day once they become collectables....    :D

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

Offline webbo546

• G3 Society Member
  • Group A Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 11:30:18 AM »
Can't help you Alan, sorry.

But, I originally designed and drew the rule, getting it etched for the Society.  I handed the the CAD filed a few months back and know they had some problems reading them, but you may want to ask when the new batch (with a couple of corrections!) is due in.

Incidentally, I read the Chairman's report that we need to reduce costs, but is increasing sales a way to improve cash flow.  Anybody care to comment?

Mike

Regarding the cash flow, yes, increasing sales would be a benefit, especially if they were to supply the basic needs for members.
Alan
Soooooo much to do, where does the time go?

Offline Jon Nazareth

• G3 Society Member
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 10:04:29 AM »
If a new batch is being produced, can they be of a thicker gauge and of a matt finish?  My present one is very shiny making it very difficult to read.  If they were produced as above, I'd buy another.

Jon