• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Would my planned layout fit in a car boot?

Started by Geoff Nicholls, Jan 01 2016 12:06

« previous - next »

Geoff Nicholls

I'm planning a small layout, more a working diorama really, and need to know if it could be easily transported to exhibitions.
When packed it would be a box 1010mm long by 410mm high by 410mm deep,(40" x 17" x 17") and weigh 10-12Kg. Would that fit in a car boot? I'm not a driver, and don't know anything about cars. There would also be legs and boxes of rolling stock.
Any responses I receive do not in any way commit you to actually volunteering to provide any transport.

Geoff.

Peaky 556

Geoff,
I have just been out (in the rain..I wish it was snowing instead!) to measure my boot and it is approx 42" wide between the wheel arches on an Astra Mk4. Front to back dimensions or height are no problem either.
Sounds like you are in competition with the late Dave Lowe for the smallest operating layout ever!
Regards, Tim