• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

LNER Pre-fabricated Concrete Buildings

Started by John Candy, Feb 07 2016 09:46

« previous - next »

John Candy

LNER Pre-fabricated Concrete Buildings

Does anyone have a book or magazine article containing a dimensioned/scale drawing of the common type of LNER concrete lineside hut?

I hope to produce a mould from which to cast in resin.

I know the Southern made their own pattern at Exmouth Junction works but have no plans to produce that type.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

LankyTank

John

If you can wait 'til later today, I've got a copy of Model Rail for March '75 - there's an article on the said beasties, I'll dig it out & supply you a scan, if that's OK.....???

Later
Baz

John Candy

Baz,

Many thanks, look forward to receiving.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

LankyTank

John

PM on its' way, with attachments - any problems get back to me.

Baz

John Candy

Thanks Baz,

Received safely and just what I need.

Regards,
John.

John Candy

The LNER "Type D" hut has been completed.

First photo is overall view, second is a close-up taken in daylight to show the true colour and texture of the finish.

This model will be offered for sale at the AGM (together with a LNWR coal stage and a pair of LNWR fogman's huts)
to raise funds for the Monkton Priors exhibition layout.

The models are cast in resin and suitable for outdoor use.

John.

LankyTank

That looks really good, John. You have been busy........... 

Baz

John Candy

Fogman's huts....every busy line section/junction should have a few!

Rarely seen in recent times (rendered unnecessary by the widespread installation of colour light signals and AWS/ATC) these huts were once a common sight , particularly in urban areas where, before the Clean Air Act,  "pea soupers" were common in winter.

This pair are to a LNWR design taken from the lateJack Nelson's book, "LNWR Portrayed".

You will have the opportunity to buy these at the AGM, in support of the Monkton Priors project.

John

MikeWilliams

I'd like a pair John.  Is there a fixed price and plentiful supply, or highest bidder on the day?

Mike

John Candy

David_G

Hi John

I would also be interested in buying a selection of these at the A.G.M. so please advise me also as to price and availability.
Looking forward to the A.G.M.
Regards
David_G

John Candy

Hi David,

Afraid there is only one LNER hut, one LNWR coaling stage and one pair of LNWR fogman's huts.
They are all donated to the Society and will be offered (to fund the Monkton Priors layout) to the highest bidder at the AGM.

I have no plans to produce more (except a couple for my personal use) but it is possible the LNWR items could (eventually) become available via another source.

Regards,
John.

John Candy

Loco Coaling Stage

The third item to be offered for sale at the AGM (in support of the Monkton Priors exhibition layout fund) is this coal stage, based upon another of the drawings in the book "LNWR Portrayed".

As with the other items (LNER Type D hut and LNWR fogman's hut), this is cast in resin and is suitable for use outdoors.

No self-respecting country branch terminus should be without one of these to stand alongside the loco shed and water tower!

There may be those of you who would be interested in purchasing one (or more) of these items but is unable to attend the AGM. In that event, please email me and I will advise on procedure.

Regards,
John.