• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Wanted: a J15 circa 1960

Started by Geoff Nicholls, Mar 03 2016 23:07

« previous - next »

Geoff Nicholls

I need a J15 for the 1960 version of my Suffolk based layout, but currently don't have the time to scratch build one myself, is anyone out there building one who wouldn't mind building an extra one?  i could help out with 3D patterns for westinghouse pumps clack valves etc.
Geoff.

AshleyW

Mike Danby has started to build in gauge 3 electric (after my requests) he has now joined g3 society,so you should be able to find his details, he also has a website,so you can google him. as a guide, a black 5 was quoted at £2300.00. he looks like he has a strong interest in l.n.e.r as he has done Raven types,so you may be able to get him to do one. my current loco was apx 5 months total build time.

John Candy

Ashley,

Is your "Black 5" finished?
If so, can we have a photo (or two) please?

Thanks,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

AshleyW

tis not i that has the black 5 on order. i will send pics and do a review of my loco for magazine, when i get it. will email you privates pic what i have so far, cheers ashley

John Candy

Thanks Ashley.

It's taking shape nicely .... for those left wondering, it is a GW 43XX Mogul (late series with modified cab).
Look forward to reading your review.

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

AshleyW

yes it is and there will also be an early cab version available via another outlet - watch this space