• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

4 or 6 wheel coach

Started by Traininvain, Dec 19 2016 10:39

« previous - next »

Traininvain

I'm seeking a single 4 or 6-wheel coach, either complete or body only, possibly in need of a refurb

Ian

Andy B

One of these do?   :D

AllWight

You can get the 6 wheel cholestery coaches from the Thomas range too.
They are called the "Emily coaches" and are in green and white.
They do not have the moulded nose on the end of the coach to remove which is a horribly messy job.

Mark

Geoff Nicholls

I guess you want something quick, cheap and easy?
GRS will probably sell you coach sides and ends of various types.
Otherwise walsall do GWR four-wheelers, and Williams do the LNWR six wheelers
Geoff.

John Candy

QuoteI'm seeking a single 4 or 6-wheel coach

Why just one and of unspecified class/type/company?
What is it for...... a "departmental" coach to form part of a breakdown train?

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Traininvain

It's just for a one coach train for a v small indoor layout - bit like the pic here but single coach (though 2 would be nice):

http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2015/02/north-sunderland-railway-seahouses-branch-northumberland-abandoned/

thinking more of a nice wooden body in need of some renovation perhaps. Would consider swap for wagon of brake van kit.

Ian

AllWight

I may have enough off cuts of the annie and clarrabel sides from various cut n shuts that i have done to get enough to do one coach. You would need to make you r own floor ends and roof though.

Mark