Author Topic: Green Arrow  (Read 845 times)

Offline Peaky 556

• G3 Society Member
Green Arrow
« on: April 05, 2017, 10:10:40 PM »
Good evening all.  Some of you may remember that the late Dave Lowe had a coal fired "Green Arrow" which was man enough to pull him around the local 2 1/2" Gauge raised track.  Please may we have offers for this loco and tender. It comes in purpose-built wooden boxes, and includes some tools.  It's boiler has expired, I don't know the details but Dave was going to remake it, and some of these parts might be found to include in a sale.  Photos are available on request, but I cannot post here as they are too large.

Offline Peaky 556

• G3 Society Member
Re: Green Arrow
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 10:29:09 PM »
There is a photo of it in Newsletter 96 I have just noticed.

Offline Peaky 556

• G3 Society Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2017, 10:49:55 AM »
Regarding the boiler, we now believe that it steamed well but is out of test date, so ignore my comments about Dave making up a new boiler, that was for another loco.  I appreciate this is an unknown quantity, but I'm sure we can make it available for inspection by arrangement.
Thanks, Tim

Offline Peaky 556

• G3 Society Member
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 09:16:22 AM »
The boiler was hydraulically tested yesterday but failed on a few minor leaks from screwed or bolted fittings, in particular the manifold above the boiler and a fitting neat the bottom of the firebox. On the whole it seems very sound but needs the attention of a fitter skilled with steam locos to sort out the leaks to the point where it can be re-tested.  Does anyone know who might take on this work, having equipment to pressurise it and to show the leaks have been resolved?
As a reminder this loco has performed well towing Dave around the EMES track, and when it was steamed at Ralph's place it ran on rollers for two hours but wouldn't get around some of the tighter bends.
Regards, Tim

Offline Peaky 556

• G3 Society Member
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 11:40:37 PM »
It's only fair to let the forum know that an offer has been received on Green Arrow, and to give 24hrs notice that I will withdraw it as sold at end of play on Saturday unless I receive a better offer.
Regards, Tim

Offline cabbage

• G3 Society Member
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 02:54:59 PM »
Let me know when you need it Tim, it is still under the piano.

Regards

Ralph