Author Topic: Station Lamps.  (Read 285 times)

Offline John Candy

• G3 Forum Administrator
Station Lamps.
« on: June 12, 2017, 08:07:19 AM »
While the weather has been "not so good" the past week, i have been working on two types of lamp for my own line (and for Monkton Priors).

A four-faceted platform lamp (a design suitable for gas or oil and mounted on post or wall bracket) and a larger, hexagonal, design, which would suit yard use (on a tall post) or platform use, either mounted on a wall or suspended from a canopy, etc.

Both types can be illuminated with a small LED (drilled hole is included in samples) if required, although mine will be unlit for garden use.

They are based on common British designs which could be found almost anywhere, although these samples are finished in GWR colours.

The posts (in two lengths) have been made from Plastruct tubing of various diameter, with a central reinforcing core of brass tube.

The construction will be subject of an article on www.gauge3.info in due course and (if there is sufficient interest) I may be able to arrange for them to be made available ready-assembled or as a kit.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline hornbeam

• G3 Society Member
Re: Station Lamps.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 08:15:25 AM »
Look good John, something people may find useful now Cliff Barker is unable to supply his lamps now.