• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

logging on

Started by Jon Nazareth, Jul 09 2017 15:41

« previous - next »

Jon Nazareth

How do I log onto the G3 members section?  I've tried al sorts but nothing.

Jon

Peaky 556

John,
Isn't this a public forum?  I believe that G3S will now need to change the password to protect paid up members. ????

John Candy

Tim,

This thread is visible only to Society members.
Any lapsed G3S member can still view the gauge3.org.uk members area.
I have drawn attention of Roy (as well as Liz) to the need to place "proper" security in place with individual usernames and passwords but it has not happened!
Similarly,  Gauge3.org.uk email is still handled through my DNS account, since the "Wix" server has still not been configured to handle it (after 18 months).

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Peaky 556

John,
I fear that you are mistaken.  I logged off to test it and could still read this thread, and the password of course...

John Candy

Oh dear!

I had overlooked fact that this is on a different board from the Newsletter articles (which is restricted).

Blame it on the fact that I was dosed up on paracetomol after enduring two nights of "head banging" music blaring out from the farm down the road until after midnight.

Perhaps all the other problems with security and emails will now get sorted out.

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Jon Nazareth

But, can anyone tell me how to log onto the restricted/members section of the G3 Society?  I am a member.

Jon

Dr Iain

Jon

Go to the G3 site, click the menu box then click on membership and scroll down to the link for the 'Members only Section'. Login with the PW and you are there.

Mind there is not much there!

Iain

John Candy

Jon,

I have emailed the password.

John.

Jon Nazareth

Well, I managed to log on and yes, you were right, there's not much there.  However, I did eventually find what I was looking for and it's here on this forum, a list of members.  I was looking for Geoff Rumble's email address but he's not even listed as a member.  Does anyone know it?

Jon

John Candy

Jon,

I have emailed you.

John.