• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Freddie Wrighton

Started by Traininvain, Aug 14 2017 07:37

« previous - next »

Traininvain

I'm working on some ideas for The G3 Newsletter and one will deal with notable G3 locomotives and rolling stock that seem to have disappeared from the face of the earth.

My first subject is 'The locomotives of Freddie Wrighton' – the late model engineer known mainly for his superb G1 locomotives. If any reader knows anything about this topic or has any photographs could they please let me know.

Many tx

Ian

Traininvain

This Freddie Wrighton built loco turned up for sale at the Ampthill GTG last Saturday. It's an LNWR Alfred the Great class - 'Victoria & Albert'. Used to belong to the late Mike May and is now for sale at £2,400. The loco is coal fired, two outisde cylinders and has Stephensons valve gear (so I'm told) controlled by a very nice lever reverser.

Well worth considering I would have thought by anyone seeking a loco to run at GTGs

Ian

Traininvain

Does anyone on this Forum happen to know whatever became of this Freddie Wrighton locomotive?
Ian