• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

3D printed products

Started by Richard T, Aug 23 2017 13:24

« previous - next »

Richard T

I think it is a little unfair when a manufacturer announces a range of new 3D printed products, only to have them written off by the only person allowed to reply to the thread.
Just because They don't fit in with "Monkton Priors"
I have bought some of Gavin B's  products and can thouroughly recommend them
Richard

John Candy

Richard,

Point taken but it was not my intention to put a "downer" on them.
They are nice items (as I said) but I simply explained that they are a bit too "modern" to fit in with the period I model. Not intended as a criticism, just an explanation/comment.

Regards,
John.

My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Gavin_B

Hi,

Thank you for your nice comments Richard, its always good to hear.

John I can take a look at the AWS gear assuming Keith Smith has not already done it.  Do you have any links to drawings or clear photos?

Gavin

John Candy

Hi Gavin,

This is the clearest photo I have found of the GWR pick up gear, it is taken from a 1930's photo of a Dean Goods.

The support framework was different according to class of loco but the lower part with the electro magnetic bits was the common factor.

I will make some enquiries to see if I can get a drawing.

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Doddy

These NRM drawings might help with the ATC shoe apparatus?

No# 112 105612 1938/08/xx
Details for ATC shoe apparatus, types A & B

No# 112 105742 1937/02/xx
Rocking lever etc for ATC shoe apparatus, types A & B

No# 112 128804 1950/01/xx
Modified electrical ATC pipe details

No# 112352 1938/10/xx
Detail of carrying plates for ATC apparatus (class 2201, 3600, 3700, 5700, 7700, 8700, 9700 & 9400

No# 96860 1951/01/xx
3-position indicator case - ATC

No# 113139 1939/03/xx
ATC alarm support bracket

No# 104727 1934/12/xx
Springs for Electro Mechanical ATC Apparatus
"You don't know what you don't know"

John Candy

Thanks Doddy,
I will look into those leads.
Regards,
John.

John Candy

Gavin,

Attached are extracts from the Dean Goods GA dated April 1940 showing the ATC pick-up shoe.

Regards,
John.

Gavin_B

Thanks John,

I think I can do the shoe from those drawings but its not that clear how it attaches to the buffer beam,  will continue searching for pictures.

It is on my list to do

Gavin

LankyTank

Gavin

Had a small jiffy bag drop through the letterbox - do I owe you??

Thanks
Barry

Gavin_B

Of course not Barry,

Hope you like.

Gavin