• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Wisbech coach

Started by hornbeam, Nov 24 2017 09:46

« previous - next »

hornbeam

After purchasing the plans of these coaches and now I've managed to loose them! The roof in the kit has offset dimples for the lamp tops. Is this correct or did they run along the centre of the roof?

Thanks

Simon.

John Candy

On the centre line ...... someone needs to buy GRS a new ruler!!!

There are other "faults" with this kit, in particular, the vertical beads on the tumblehome of the sides are in wrong places (the grey marks are filler where the incorrect beads were removed)!

Photos show the mods done to my pair (the roof is same for both coaches).

John.

My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

hornbeam

Thanks John. I've painted the sides now so will live with the beading results. I will be strengthening the bogies with a steel stretcher. Looks like you have added extra pipe work on the roof for the lights as well?

Thanks again

Simon

John Candy

Yes, the gas pipes were added using Plastikard rod.
Note that the cross-members on the roof should be as per my photos (GRS added two extras at ends) and that the two outer gas lamps are on the verandah side of the passenger compartment ends (in their catalogue photos they appear to be inside the passenger compartment which is wrong).
The bogies will definitely need "beefing up"!

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.