• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Maunsell disc wheel swap wanted for an LBSC Horsebox

Started by AllWight, Oct 18 2017 11:52

« previous - next »

AllWight

Hi All

Its been a while since I have done any gauge 3 model making and I have been slowly cobbling together bits and pieces for my next Gauge 3 wagon. An LBSC horsebox as there was one on the IOW. The only issue I have is it needs Maunsell disc wheels which I do not have. I have the several sets of slaters 8 spoke wagon axles.

Is there anyone out there willing to do a swap so I can build it correctly?

The body will be scratch built and using Williams parts for the running gear, buffers, hooks etc most of which I already have.

I have been very busy modelling in the smaller scales 00 and 0-16.5. Once I have finished my double fairlie I will get back onto the G3 modelling which also includes the Adams Radial tank.

Mark     

Geoff Nicholls

I can't help with the wheels, but would like to see some pics of the Fairlie.  If anyone objects to such photos, it's a G3 scale 15" gauge half full size model.
Geoff.

AllWight

Hello Geoff

The double fairlie is 0-16.5 7mm to the foot and is an etch nickel silver kit from EDM. The loco I am modelling is Merddin Emrys in FR red.

It is currently in the paint shop and is a round tuit in terms of modelling.

Mark

Jon Nazareth

Mark
Not wishing to highjack your topic but here's a picture of my LBSCR scratchbuilt horsebox all made from plasticard.

Jon

Jon Nazareth

Jon Nazareth

Just one more.  I tried them together but that didn't work hence one at a time.  This is of the groom.

Jon