Author Topic: Resin Buidings T&M models  (Read 2952 times)

Offline idriver

Resin Buidings T&M models
« on: March 09, 2009, 01:28:19 PM »
Hi All ,
I recently discovered a range of "G" scale buildings marketed by T&M Models, these are made out resin and I have found them easy to build, they paint up well and seem to be weather proof.  ( Mine have been left out all last summer and All over this winter with no apparant problems.  These buildings are reasonably priced and cover various small stations and various styles of signal box.
Ian Driver.

Offline Guinness 040

• G3 Society Member (& Trade Supplier)
  • Group A Forum Member
  • Involved in grp castings and design for over 25yrs
Re: Resin Buidings T&M models
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 09:35:41 AM »
 ;D  Hi
      Yes I work in fibreglass mouldings and casting resins and i can say that these type of mouldings will last a long time (years) and will only require painting as the sunshine causes fading, although im only a new member Im planning to construct all my buildings in resin cast but srinkage is the only problem and this is avoided or reduced by paying attenton to the mix and content.

Peter..............
Its better to say there you are than where are you

Offline Moonraker

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 10:49:05 PM »
I also have made lots of resin buildings; some are kits from British Outline Buildings, some are from moulds which I make. They have no problems with the Australian sun and temperatures up to 44 centigrade. I find they need repainting every five years or so. However, beware of making the walls too thin as they can warp.
Peter Lucas

Offline Guinness 040

• Group A Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 02:24:45 PM »
Having been a professional mould maker for 25 years fibreglas and resin casts  will normally require repainting after 5 to 6 years and of course warping is caused by excess exotherm caused by over cooking the hardener/resin mix will in any case warp the moulding anyway, but lets not get to tech about such things and best left to the guys who have the experience as the stuff is very messy and smelly and ingesting resin vapours carrying them indoors upsets tne chief planning officer lol .

Peter.........

Offline Guinness 040

• Group A Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 02:47:56 PM »
Hi Peter
Sorry Im trying to find my way around here being new and also joined society and waiting for paperwork but my expertese is grp and glad to help with mouldings .

Peter C.