• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Hasp and Staple

Started by Jon Nazareth, Dec 03 2017 18:29

« previous - next »

Jon Nazareth

Good evening all

Does anyone know of a supplier of a decently scaled hasp and staple?  I need a pair.

Jon

MikeWilliams

Could you give a little more detail Jon?  I assume for a wagon?

Jon Nazareth

Mike
Yes, they are for my brake van.  I have a couple that I bought from Model Timbers but, they are too long/big in general and therefore, I was wondering if there is anything else out there.

Jon

MikeWilliams

These are the only ones I have Jon, plus the unequal LSWR hook.

Mike

Jon Nazareth

Nice fittings but what I want is the lock plate (hasp), for want of a better word, that would secure the two doors on my brake van.  One would attach a padlock through the staple to make it more secure.  Did you supply something like this for your LBSCR van?  Can't find my etches at the moment.

Jon

Jon Nazareth

Mike
Model Timbers calls the set that he markets a, Door Catch!

Jon

MikeWilliams

Ah, sorry, I think you did use the right names the first time, but staple has many meanings!

No, I have nothing like that and those on van kits are cast in.  I suspect it might be a bit small, even for dolls house suppliers.

Mike

John Candy

Jon,

This is a photo I have just taken of the pattern used to produce the LBSC van which Mike sells.

Is the hasp/staple the same shape as the one you require?

John
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Jon Nazareth

John

Yes, that's the one,  I didn't realise that it was cast in.

Jon

John Candy

Jon,

If you can wait a week or two, I will see if I can produce as a "standalone" casting....it's far too cold in the garage at moment to do casting.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Jon Nazareth

John
That's very kind of you and yes, very cold outside and the wind doesn't make it any better.  My hand skills aren't that good but, I'm going to have a go at filing one up and I'll let you know how I get on with that before taking you up on your offer.

Jon

Jon Nazareth

This is my effort for my LBSCR brake van.

Jon Nazareth

Wasn't sure if that would work so, here's another.  As you can see, it has no roof......yet.

Jon

Jon Nazareth

Somehow it was chopped, I'll try again

Jon Nazareth

Getting there  :)

Jon