Author Topic: Monkton Priors .... Funding Gap.  (Read 572 times)

Offline John Candy

Monkton Priors .... Funding Gap.
« on: January 14, 2018, 10:48:17 PM »
There has not been much activity on the Monkton Priors project over the past few months and part of that is down to a potential funding deficit.

Although there is a sizeable balance still in the special fund, that is only due to very substantial claims for reimbursement of cost of materials having been held in abeyance.

When the necessary reimbursements have been made and the estimated cost of completing the layout are taken into account, there will be a shortfall.

This situation has arisen in part as a consequence of the cancellation of the 2017 AGM exhibition, at which it had been had hoped to raise another 250GBP, through sales of donated items, a raffle, sales of the special mugs, etc.

I still have around 30 of the special mugs here and if each of those were sold for 6GBP each, the balance to make up the missing 250GBP would likely be achieved by the raffle and other sales at the forthcoming AGM.

So, if you have not already bought a mug or two, then please reserve your mug(s) now for collection at the AGM.

Thank you,

John.

My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline midnight miller

Re: Monkton Priors .... Funding Gap.
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 10:33:40 AM »
Go on then John , put me down for one .

John

P.S. Why not try an add in the members add's

Offline cabbage

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 12:06:42 PM »
And me!

regards

ralph

Offline David_G

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 01:54:56 PM »
Hello John

Please put me down for two mugs to be collected at the AGM. I hope you succeed in reaching the target. Just as an aside, could you tell me the latest on the Sentinel project please.

Regards
David

Offline MikeWilliams

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 07:05:28 PM »
David,

Sentinel delays are my fault - update shortly ...

Mike

Offline John Candy

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 09:45:55 PM »
 John, Ralph & David,

Thank you for your orders for mugs.

David, I see Mike has answered your enquiry regarding the Sentinel.

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.