Author Topic: Coast Line Models  (Read 660 times)

Offline MikeWilliams

Coast Line Models
« on: January 27, 2018, 11:04:46 PM »
I was interested to see that Coast Line Models have made via Shapeways a Cambrian Railways rail chair in Gauge 3.  Could this be another quality manufacturer trying the market in our scale?  Does anyone know?

Mike

Offline John Candy

Re: Coast Line Models
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 11:28:40 PM »
Not sure those will "sell like hotcakes"......... one yard of track would cost 225GBP (yes, 56 x 4.02) in chairs alone! Add the rail and sleepers and you are looking at something approaching 260GBP per yard (makes Cliff's look a real bargain at around 14GBP per yard).

One point to note is that all the illustrations are a "Digital Preview" NOT a photo of the actual product....so you cannot judge to what degree the resolution of the printer has left its mark on the product.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

Offline MikeWilliams

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 04:15:41 PM »
Your prices may be correct John but if somebody has a nice Cambrian model for instance, they may want just a short length of authentic track.  For the same reason I had some LNWR rail chairs solid printed, though in my case I used them for casting in whitemetal.  Regrettably though I will not be using them for my garden railway - life is too short.

But I was more intrigued as to who Coast Models' customer may be and whether there may be other Gauge 3 things coming along from the same source.

Mike

Offline Spitfire2865

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 02:17:04 AM »
But I was more intrigued as to who Coast Models' customer may be and whether there may be other Gauge 3 things coming along from the same source.
Mike
It is a rather odd thing to come from a supplier of mostly 4mm items. A chair isnt too useful without several thousand more.
I couldnt even find it on their page. I only found it searching for 1:22.5 on shapeways main search. Hopefully some more useful stuff comes later, like buffers, axleboxes, etc.
-Trevor Young