Author Topic: Public Invitation to the G3S AGM  (Read 175 times)

Offline Peaky 556

Public Invitation to the G3S AGM
« on: February 01, 2018, 05:37:22 PM »
The chairman of G3S has asked me to repeat his declaration that members of the public are very welcome to attend at Ampthill.  This is what Roy wrote elsewhere in a private posting:

“To clarify entry for the show on Saturday 10th March, at Parkside Centre, Ampthill, we will be asking members for a voluntary donation of £3, for them and their family.  We will be asking members of the public for a £4 entry fee.

Roy Horrocks”

Offline IanT

Re: Public Invitation to the G3S AGM
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 06:01:48 PM »
Thank you Tim.

It used to be the case that "Non-Members" were always welcome if invited/accompanied by a G3S Member - really being a simple method to qualify any strangers coming into the hall. However, I know that at the last Biggleswade AGM some members of the 'Public' arrived (seen the event and were curious) and were invited in and welcomed to have a look around.

Personally, I like the 'family' feel to the AGM and Winter GTG - a great opportunity to meet old friends and maybe grab a bargain (before Ralph gets there!).   :-)

I attended the 2017 AGM at Reading ALSRM and there were quite a few G3 layouts there and some G3 Traders too - but it just wasn't quite the same I'm afraid.

Two extremes I know - but there's a fine balance that needs to be struck.

Regards,

IanT   
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.