• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Brandbright LNER open wagon

Started by Traininvain, Feb 18 2018 15:49

« previous - next »

Traininvain

Unbuilt Brandbright GS13 LNER 13 Ton Open Wagon kit

Contact Ian Harper by email or tel/text on 07989 912186

Many tx

John Candy

You may remember the last one on Ebay sold for 122GBP!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132335635120?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

I know someone who does have one and I am sure he could be persuaded to part with it for that sort of money!

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

MikeWilliams

Another sold this week for a lot less to a forum member.

John Candy

Just goes to show that Ebay is worth the fees if you have a "desirable" item.
I am sure the person I know would be willing to part with it for a reasonable sum.

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

IanT

I have a feeling they were about £80 from BB originally - so that would seem to be a reasonable price for a s/h (untouched) kit - but I guess they are worth whatever someone is prepared to pay for them...

They were very nice kits too for their time and very good value. Fortunately, there seem to be a growing number of new models (in the sense of G3 "wooden" kits) coming along now and they probably only cost about the same as the BB wagon did (when an adjustment for inflation is made). I can't remember exactly when BB brought out their wagon kit but it must be getting on for 20 years now - can it really be that long ago?

Regards,

IanT   
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

AllWight

Good old evil bay. I have only ever purchased 2 items on ebay and paid a reasonable amount of money but on both items i lost the sale and was offered a seconcd chance bid as the winning bid obviously decided they did not want it. Also it seems to me there is a certain amount of ringing going on where a so called anonymous bidder is bidding against you to drive the sale price up sky high.

Mark

hornbeam

Quote from: MikeWilliams on Feb 19 2018 09:19
Another sold this week for a lot less to a forum member.

Guilty as charged. I've built one and liked it and my top bid was the same amount as an open from GRS. Feel a bit guilty now knowing someone else on here is after one too.

Simon