Author Topic: 2BA banjo bolt  (Read 392 times)

Offline hornbeam

2BA banjo bolt
« on: February 28, 2018, 09:00:33 PM »
Hi,

I need some 2BA banjo bolts for a project. Does anyone know where I could get some?

Thanks

Simon

Offline IanT

Re: 2BA banjo bolt
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 11:29:05 PM »
Bump!

So I guess the answer is probably "No" Simon. So maybe a better question might be "Does anyone know who can help me get some 2BA banjo bolts? " - and then the answer might be a cautious "Maybe".

At its simplest, a "banjo" bolt, is just a bolt drilled up the centre, with some radial holes drilled through to meet that centre hole (?).  Of course you might need something a little more 'custom' in terms of its actual final dimensions...in which case (the next question would be) do you have a drawing of your required bolt?

Regards,

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

Offline hornbeam

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 08:53:08 AM »
Hi Ian,

A very fair point, made me look a little demanding. I’ve acquired a steam motor that has one missing, and one option would be to just  solder the pipe in place rather than use a bolt. I’ll take a picture and measure it up.

Offline IanT

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 10:39:55 AM »
Sorry Simon - usual problem with email - the "tone" often gets lost in the typing...  :)

I was simply suggesting that you were very unlikely to find a "2BA Banjo Bolt" as such - and that it might be much easier to see if someone here could help you make one...   ;)

Let's have a sketch/drawing of what you need and we can see what can be done...

Regards,

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

Offline hornbeam

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 11:07:29 AM »
No offence taken Ian, you had a Valid point. Will measure it up later thank you for your help.