• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

radial tank

Started by AllWight, Mar 06 2018 16:02

« previous - next »

AllWight

On Sunday I collected the 3D printed body top courtesy of Marston models for the Adams radial tank. The body top is made up of eleven pieces; smokebox/boiler/chimney, barrel/dome, firebox top/valve chest, cab, bunker, 2 side tanks, 2 splashers and 2 boxes at the front. The last three items the two cylinders and firebox backhead are to be created soon. I have done some tidying up and gentle rubbing back. When the weather improves I shall get the body shell in primer.

Mark

AllWight

a few more pics

AllWight

and some more

AllWight

last one plus an LMS interloper as a work in progress alongside the radial tank

Mark

blagdon

Looks good Mark, look forward to seeing and filming the loco when finished and running.

Ian the Gauge'3' Pirate and Producer of 'TeamPIRATE Productions' on You Tube

AllWight

Thank you Ian

I started the loco in 2010 so i cannot say when it will be finished after all you cannot rush these things.

Also Ian there was one of these LSWR 376 sold to the Brecon & Merthyr railway as their No.44 and became GWR stock as 1391. So you could have one in full GWR colours. Link is below

http://www.semgonline.com/steam/0415class_data.html

Mark

AllWight

Here is the body now in Halfords yellow filler primer loosely placed on to the chassis. The plastic footplate is a working mock up and the steel footplate is on its way to me from model engineers laser. The intention is to get the loco looking like its smaller counterpart in the photos attached.

Mark

AllWight

After several layers of Halfords yellow filler plastic primer, grey plastic primer and rubbing back between each layer i decided I wanted to see how the gauge 3 radial tank body top would look once painted in the LSWR pea green courtesy of precision paints. It's still a work in progress and lots to do on it. I shall do one more rub back and a second top coat. The cylinders have also been painted (not shown). It will eventually become No. 488 as preserved on the bluebell railway.

The body is still loose so that i may work on it in the smaller component parts.

Mark

John Candy

Very nice model of an elegant Victorian loco.

You'll now need to build Lyme Regis as your next layout (unless you are planning Waterloo)!

John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

AllWight

errrrrrrrrr no John i dont think so lol.

I just like the loco as an elegant machine. I started it in 2010 and i would like to get it completed in time for next season as its unlikely i will have it all completed for this year

Mark