• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

GWR Prairie Tank - a bargain!

Started by IanT, Apr 14 2018 11:20

« previous - next »

IanT

Just posted this for a member on the G3S Websites 'Buy & Sell' page.

Thought about repeating the details here but why not go and have a look at the G3S website if you haven't done so recently. Be pleased to publicise any other Buy & Sells too - just let me know via the contacts area...

http://www.gauge3.org.uk/buy-and-sell

Regards,

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

IanT

Sorry - someone got a bargain. Engine has been sold.

Regards,

IanT

John Candy

QuoteSorry - someone got a bargain. Engine has been sold.

No reason to be sorry....... it was your message here which sold it!

I didn't buy it but recommended it to a friend with the offer to convert it to R/C.

Regards,
John.
My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

AshleyW

i wanted to use the buy and sell but came back from server message failed, can you tell me the correct web address to post adverts to on g3 website please?

John Candy

Ashley,
What email address did you use to submit your enquiry?
All @gauge3.org.uk addresses are (as per request of Liz) forwarded to webmaster.gaugethree@yahoo.co.uk (it is a "catchall" setting).

Ian,
When I retired as webmaster, the email handling was never transferred from my server to WIX (I got the impression Liz didn't know how to set it up) and at her request the setting referred to above was put in place.

Regards,
John.

My fellow Members, ask not what your Society can do for you, ask what you can do for your Society.

IanT

Sure, it's easy Ashley - just contact me via the Website (use the contacts page).

Just as a broad comment about this - I'll certainly post any "reasonable" Buy & Sells from G3S members but will also extend this service to anyone who is also (shall we say) a known member of the G3 community - but of course it's up to everyone using this service to exercise the normal cautions (caveat emptor etc) when doing so.

I'm also going to date-tag any posts in this area and will remove ads after what I deem to be a "reasonable" period (unless you contact me to withdraw/amend/extend it beforehand).

Hope this is useful.

Regards,

IanT

IanT

I've no idea how the emails work John and I'm afraid I probably know a good deal less than Liz in this area.

However, stuff posted on the Website seems to find it's way to me and I try to make sure it finds anyone else it needs to. Pretty sure this is not too high tech - but it seems to work OK for now...    :)

Regards,

IanT 

John Candy

Ian,

The *@gauge3.org.uk addresses appear in various places (certainly older published material even if not in current usage) and may be "lost" if not picked up from the "catchall" redirection.

I can easily reset my server to its previous settings where individual @gauge3.org.uk messages are sent to intended recipients (e.g. chairman@gauge3.org.uk would redirect to Roy's personal email address).

Regards,
John.

IanT

Jon Nazareth

Ian
As you were talking about the website, I went across and had a look, very good.
In the section marked Gallery, there is a picture of what looks like a LBSCR 0-4-2 but it doesn't appear in the actual gallery, if that makes sense.  Do you know who's it is and if there are any other photos?

Jon

IanT

Hi Jon,

It was taken at Barling in July 2014 by Ted (who else?) and I think that's the Tiptree layout it's running on - so a few clues there. A very nice model though...here's a slightly better side view.

Regards,

IanT