• Welcome to The Forum for Gauge 3 Model Trains.

The Gauge 3 Society       2.1/2 inch Gauge Association       Cookies and privacy HOW TO JOIN: to request forum membership please click here

Gauge 3 Society members must be logged in to view the Society section
  G3 Clubroom

Welcome to the G3 Clubroom. This is the friendly online forum where members share ideas and inspiration, suggestions and advice, modelling tips, pictures and drawings, and general chat about our fine hobby of Gauge 3 railway modelling. A warm welcome, and enjoy your visit here today.

Live steam GNR Atlantic on e-bay

Started by MikeWilliams, May 24 2018 23:15

« previous - next »

MikeWilliams

A Carson model which looks just "right" to me, though I am certainly no expert!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Carson-for-Bassett-Lowke-Gauge-3-GNR-Atlantic/273231109760?hash=item3f9dd7de80:g:Xt8AAOSwGPxaG0LQ

At just over £1500 not a bad price, even with no certificate, but it is in the USA.

MikeWilliams

Apparently still for sale, still looks nice and he is open to offers.

IanT

The B/L Book (by Roland Fuller) doesn't list a G3 Carson GNR Atlantic in the period between 1905 - 1914 although it does list a NBR Atlantic in G3.

Doesn't mean it's not a "Carsons for B/L" - as Carsons continued to work with Winteringhams (a B/L satellite company) beyond that period but records then apparently became somewhat vaguer (e.g. during/after WW1).

Regards,

IanT

Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

MikeWilliams

MikeWilliams

This is still there for sale and under £1500.  Seems cheap to me but maybe the cost and risk of shipping from the USA puts people off?

Mike

Spitfire2865

Hey, Id love to have it but I cant throw that kind of money on something I cant even build myself.
Though it would simplify the shipping staying in the US.
-Trevor Young

MikeWilliams

Know the feeling Trevor, but I've seen several of the more common Experiments for upwards of £2000, admitedly some (not all) with boiler certificates.  And the GNR Atlantic is a lot harder to find.

Mike