Author Topic: On board brains  (Read 502 times)

Offline cabbage

Re: On board brains
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2018, 04:28:57 PM »
Yes !!! Exactly like that one!!!

Regards

Ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2018, 06:11:49 PM »
Ok, busy day for the credit card! I have ordered the Syren 25 and Kangaroo X2 daughter board from Dimension Engineering. They took my money and informed me it had shipped 1hour 45minutes later (!) I have ordered two arduino cards and two FTDI boards. This will give me one to play with (or blow up) and another to sit in the loco. I am informed by a friend in the USofA that the arduino uses C++... So, it is out with the vi and my pet version of Linux (Debian 9) to start tinkering code with.

I thought I had left all this behind when I walked out the door for the last time !!!

Regards

Ralph

Offline cabbage

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2018, 10:23:33 AM »
This is the Arduino board... This has twice the amount of memory that the PDP-11 that the university had that I learned to program on!!!

Regards

Ralph

Offline IanT

« Reply #18 on: Yesterday at 11:54:18 AM »
At first glance, I thought this was an Arduino 'Nano' Ralph - but noticed there was no USB port.

So I looked more closely and found them on eBay as the Arduino 'Pro Mini' ...how many did you buy?  :-)

Regards,

IanT
Nothing's ever Easy - At least the first time around.

Offline cabbage

« Reply #19 on: Yesterday at 12:51:07 PM »
As I said Ian, I have bought two boards. The idea is to program them on breadboard and then plug the board into the loco. As I have not used the breadboard in years I have to wonder if my slab is still usable?

The X2 and the ESC are last reported at Prestwick, so I should have them soon.

Regards

Ralph